[Grml] Call for Help: Grml's Download webpage

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Sat Apr 10 12:22:59 CEST 2010

Hi!

We need your help!

http://grml.org/download/ sucks from user's POV.
Too overloaded, rc vs. stable not clearly visible,..
We'd like to see that page improved.

I for myself like the way Ubuntu is doing that with
http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download

We already have a GeoIP setup for our mirrors (being
http://download.grml.org/), we just don't have an according
integration into our homepage yet.

What I'd like to see:

* a "wizard-like" download webpage, similar to
  http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download

* provide an easy way to choose between the flavours
  (default to grml-full, 32bit) and stable vs. testing/development
  versions (release candidates and maybe even dailys from
  daily.grml.org?)

* provide a better integration of checksum (files) and information
  about flavours

* [ your place for innovation :) ]

You think you could help us? We'd love to hear from you!