[Grml] upgrade from kernel 2.6.23 to 2.6.28

Michael Whapples mwhapples at aim.com
Thu Sep 24 12:32:03 CEST 2009

I spotted something in your message, unrelated to the initramfs. You
said you gave the boot parameter:
speakup_synth=apollo

This is wrong, with speakup 3.x boot parameters use the . (full stop)
instead of the _ (underline) characters. Although GRML has speakup as
modules and so speakup itself doesn't deal with the boot parameters, it
was decided and done that GRML should reflect this change with its boot
options. Therefore you should give the boot parameter as:
speakup.synth=apollo

Also please note: the above boot parameter is to use the GRML system of
starting speakup, I think if you add speakup to the initramfs then you
don't need to give any boot parameters (IE. add only the modules you
want to be used, in your case speakup_apollo and any of its dependencies).

Michael Whapples