[Grml] asus eeePC 1005HA and grml

Wolfgang Scheicher worf at sbox.tu-graz.ac.at
Mon Sep 7 11:13:16 CEST 2009

On Sunday 06 September 2009 16:16:00 Dietmar Segbert wrote:
> does the grml run on asus eeepc 1005ha?

Well, i don't know exactely,
but i tell you my experiences with eeepc 901 go.

First, it's quite picky about bootable usb sticks. It ignores all my
USB-Sticks, except the one with the http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEeePC
netinstall boot image. Don't ask my why.
( so i don't have a idea how well current grml images would run )

Second, the hardware started being supported properly at kernel version
2.6.28, you won't be happy with anything previous.

I'm very happy with:
debian lenny
+ grml-etc-core, etc...  from grml-testing
+ kernel 2.6.30 , openoffice, etc... from lenny-backports
+ eeepc-acpi-scripts from DebianEeePC

It's up to you to judge how much grml this is.

Worf