[Grml] Release Candidate 1 of grml 2009.10 available

Maurice McCarthy manselton at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 27 16:36:04 CET 2009

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 01:04:42PM +0200, Michael Prokop wrote:
> Hi!
>
> We have new release candidates: the first release candidate of
> version 2009.10 codename "Hello-Wien" is available!

Hi

I have a new amd64 from DNUK with Ubuntu Jaunty pre-installed so I've
been experimenting with grml64 "Hello-Wien". It installs to the second
hard drive no problem provided lilo is used as the boot-loader. I
installed lilo to the mbr.

When I ran grml2hd with grub2 as the boot-loader it seems that
grub-install never ran as when it came to reboot I was presented with
the lilo graphic and it had to freeze on the default choice. Running
grub-install /dev/sdb from a chroot fixed it but prior to this the
device.map file read

(hd0)	/dev/vda

and there were no .mod files in /boot/grub in /dev/sdb1

By the way the all-in-one addon was no help as it is only geared to
the old grub and grub2 has no menu.lst file, as you know.

Thanks for all the continued efforts.
--

= = = = = = =
Very Best Wishes

Ah! Now I've done Philosophy,
I've finished Law and Medicine,
And sadly even Theology:
Taken fierce pains, from end to end.
Now here I am, a fool for sure!
No wiser than I was before:

Faust (Part I, Scene I)
Translation copyright of A.S. Kline 2003
http://poetryintranslation.com/PITBR/German/Fausthome.htm