[Grml] grml2usb from Grml 2009.10

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Fri Oct 23 22:59:18 CEST 2009

* T o n g <mlist4suntong at yahoo.com> [20091023 22:25]:

> As always, the first thing I test on Grml 2009.10 is its frugal
> installation, using grml2usb. I found it still not applicable to me
> because I need to frugally install grml to a self-boot ext2/3 partition.

>  grml2usb --grub

> fails because grub2 installation to PBR is still broken.
> http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/3293/screenshotgrub2pbrnok.png

Jepp, the fact that grub's PBR feature is still broken is really sad
(and personally I don't think this will be fixed ever by grub's
developers...).

So the only workaround is to use --grub-mbr as suggested by grml2usb.

[...]
> I guess that the new "dd-able ISO" feature does not apply to me as well
> since it requires FAT partitions as well, I believe. I guess the only
> option left for me is to install grub-legacy within the live system now.

Using dd you just write the ISO to disk, this will override any
existing data of course but isn't really a matter of the filesystem.