[Grml] Easiest way to install Debian with grml-debootstrap

Keith Hinton keithint1234 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 12:00:00 CEST 2009

Hi.
I've heard a lot about grml-debootstrap, GRML's debian installation
script. I am assuming this does not install sid (but stable)

Hear is what I was wondering.
1.
What is the easiest way to get a debian installation going with it,
(as I am no Debian exbert) and will be using the Speakup support in
GRML)
2. Is it difficult to get the isntallation done?
3. How can I get a grml-kernel (because it includes speakup)
downloaded into the new Debian isntallation, as the stock kernel will
not talk out of the box.
I could do the manual work of installing via git with
linux.speakup.org, but would rather not.
Thanks again, all!

My final question:
What happened to grml? development seems to be not happening, nothing
was released in september, and now October is coming to a close.
I would like an explination from the leader of grml as to why this has
been happening.
The roadmap still shows whatever it was...so..

Thanks again.
Happy CD developing.

Regards, --Keith