[Grml] Installing GRML-Medium in VirtualBox on Windows 7rc

Vivek Sharma vks2108 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 09:52:08 CEST 2009

Hi grml fraternity,
I have used linux for almost 10 years, only used as a production system
(distro-enthu), so not much of kernel stuff. A med-skilled developer with
4-5 yrs of exp in network programming.

I have installed win7, with virtualbox in it. i need a linux, which is
smallest in size, lightest in running, provided it provides best development
tools for network programming and monitoring. I used grml couple of year ago
at Politecnico Di Torino, for network security class (recommended by a
prof), didnt use it after that, but i guess it serves a very good purpose of
network development and network monitoring.

Installing in Virtual Box.
i am not able to install the grml-medium to my harddisk in virtualbox. when
i enter grml2hd, after couple of disclaimers it says, no parition found. Has
anyone installed grml to hdd in virtualbox.

how do i go about it. any help and pointers.

regards
Vivek Sharma