[Grml] GRML does not boot on all machines since version 2008-11

Hermann meinelisten at onlinehome.de
Fri May 22 15:54:12 CEST 2009

Hi,
since version 2008-11 I cannot boot the live CD anymore on one of my
machines - my desktop computer - a PC bought at the German computer
store Vobis. They use noname components, but the computer contains an
AMD Duron processor of 1 Ghz and has 256 MB RAM.
All former GRML-Versions, including the 2008-11 release candidate did
boot well.
On my notebook - Acer 1600, Intel processor 2,7 Ghz, 512 MB RAM, I can
boot every GRML CD.
After taking a long time, the CD seems to hang, and because I'm blind, I
cannot check out what is written on the screen.
Is there a way to redirect the output, for example to a file on a floppy
drive?
And, most important, waht is the reason for this?
I use the GRML CDs to backup and restore my systems via partimage.
Any hints?
Hermann