[Grml] IP address

Josh Lawrence hardbop200 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 16:59:20 CET 2009

Hello everyone!

Problem:  I need to be able to assign a static address to my network card.

Last night I encountered a problem with network settings in grml.
Initially, I thought that I had to edit /etc/networking/interfaces to
set my network properties, but that did not work.  After doing some
research on Google, I found a post from someone asking a similar
question, and he was told too look at grml-tips udev, so I looked at
that.  I see that I am supposed to create a udev rule in
/etc/udev/network.rules, but it doesn't tell me how to go about
setting static, dhcp, etc.  Where am I going wrong?

Thank you,

Josh

--
Josh Lawrence