[Grml] Regarding the use of Pump over DHCPCD

Keith Hinton keithint1234 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 15:49:18 CET 2009

Hi all,
I wanted to ask why grml uses pump and not DHCPCD (latest bleading
edge version of course)
In my experience when testing grml (compared to Gentoo) or Arch Linux
(both of wich use DHCPCD) GRML connected with horribal slowness to my
wireless network when broadcasting for an available IP-address.. It
would sleep for 60 seconds took over 5 seconds before it connected.
I compared this by running DHCPCD on Arch Linux, Gentoo, etc, that use
the DHCPCD program.
I found no comparason. DHCPCD whins over pump.
Regards, --Keith