[Grml] Kvm howto

T o n g mlist4suntong at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 18 19:22:39 CEST 2009

Hi mika,

Would you please write something about Kvm?
Searching the keyword Kvm didn't result good hist in mlist archive and
wiki.

I use to test new grml releases with VMware (the thing I hate most is to
reboot my box just for the testing), but installing VMware into the newly
installed grml every time has been a pain.

I like to streamline the testing/using grml with kvm if possible. So I
want to know how to install/config kvm, and test new grml releases with
it.

Thanks

PS. for people who don't know KVM:

"KVM (for Kernel-based Virtual Machine) is a full virtualization solution
on x86 hardware containing virtualization extensions (Intel VT or AMD-V
CPU is needed). Each virtual machine has private virtualized hardware: a
network card, disk, graphics adapter, etc. KVM is a similar to XEN, but
KVM is part of Linux and uses the regular Linux scheduler and memory
management.

KVM is perfectly suited to unmodified operating systems including windows
operating systems like Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows
Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008. "
-- http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Container_and_Full_Virtualization

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)