[Grml] Request for Comments / Poll: removal of LaTeX on grml

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Tue Jun 16 01:01:09 CEST 2009

* Jason White <jason at jasonjgw.net> [20090615 13:44]:
> Michael Prokop <mika at grml.org> wrote:

> > I'd like to know *your* opinion on this issue, so please let us know
> > your opinion through this poll:

> >   http://doodle.com/3dnzvhv43tmhpcpn

> This opens up a broader issue: are you considering a version of GRML/GRML64
> that is not limited by the capacity of a CD? For example, many of us have DVD
> drives or flash memory devices that can store several gigabytes of data, so
> maybe it's time for a GRML/GRML64 large distribution so you can add more
> software to it, then decide what to leave out in the CD-sized version.

DVD drives aren't always available on server systems as well as on
many laptops and workstations you've to deal with in rescue
scenarios. On the other hand we've already 3 different flavours, all
of them as 32bit and 64bit version available. Adding another flavour
which provides additional software would also increase the work with
regards to packaging, testing and distribution (mirror, sources).

So no, I don't plan a DVD version right now.