[Grml] OT: Downloading the .deb package

T o n g mlist4suntong at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 4 17:00:25 CEST 2009

Thanks for the reply Darsha,

On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 09:15:32 +0200, Darshaka Pathirana wrote:

>> How to download the .deb file for a package?
>>
>> . . .
>> Unable to find an archive "grml" for the package . . .
>
> Maybe the wrong architecture?
>
> What does:
>
> % apt-config dump | grep Architecture
>
> show?

% apt-config dump | grep Architecture
APT::Architecture "i386";

> What's in your "/etc/apt/sources.list"?

My /etc/apt/sources.list should be fine, because I can 'aptitude install'
just fine, but can't do 'aptitude download':

% aptitude download live-initramfs initramfs-tools
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Reading extended state information
Initializing package states... Done
Unable to find an archive "grml" for the package "live-initramfs"
Unable to find an archive "grml" for the package "initramfs-tools"

% aptitude install live-initramfs initramfs-tools
  busybox{a} live-initramfs user-setup{a}
The following packages are RECOMMENDED but will NOT be installed:
  cryptsetup uuid-runtime
0 packages upgraded, 3 newly installed, 0 to remove
Need to get 519kB of archives. After unpacking 1249kB will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n/?]
Writing extended state information... Done
Get:1 http://debian.mirror.rafal.ca unstable/main busybox 1:1.13.3-1
[316kB]
Get:2 http://deb.grml.org grml-testing/main live-initramfs
1.157.1-1grml.07 [81.7kB]
Get:3 http://debian.mirror.rafal.ca unstable/main user-setup 1.27 [121kB]
Fetched 519kB in 1s (337kB/s)

Anyway, here is my /etc/apt/sources.list:
http://pastebin.com/m51ab9d7

and my /etc/apt/preferences:
http://pastebin.com/m3e29a6c2

Anything else? Why I can do 'aptitude install' but not 'aptitude
download'?

thanks

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)