[Grml] some linux distributions?

Maurice McCarthy moss at mythic-beasts.com
Thu Jan 1 00:04:53 CET 2009

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know why oralux and grml1.1 work, but grml 2008.11 and ubuntu
> 8.10 do not work on my computer? Why do some Linux distributions work, but
> others do not?

There is no general answer. Depends on your hardware and the distribution.

> or is there no definite answer to this? Also, how frequently or how
> susceptible is Linux to getting viruses and rootkits and trogens and
> worms?
>
> Josh

As far as I am aware there have been 4 known linux viruses in about 15
years. People do try to gain control of your PC (happens to all windows
users within seconds of going online) but this is harder to do in linux
because the code is open source. There is a whole world community
constantly looking for weaknesses. Most get corrected before the bad guys
even think of them.

Moss