[Grml] cdrecord devices

T o n g mlist4suntong at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 1 05:21:54 CEST 2009

Hi,

The evolving of cdrecord/wodim and its device specification have been
convoluted enough for me to get lost on how to use its devices.

My current cdrecord command is the "real one" from grml:

 $ apt-cache policy cdrecord
 cdrecord:
  Installed: 9:2.01.01-1~a50
  Candidate: 9:2.01.01-1~a50
  Version table:
 *** 9:2.01.01-1~a50 0
        683 http://deb.grml.org grml-testing/main Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

 cdrecord -scanbus

suggests to us the ATA interface, so I

 export CDR_DEVICE=ATA:2,0,0

but when try to access the device, I get:

$ cdrecord -toc
Cdrecord-ProDVD-ProBD-Clone 2.01.01a50 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu)
Copyright (C) 1995-2008 Jörg Schilling
scsidev: 'ATA:2,0,0'
devname: 'ATA'
scsibus: 2 target: 0 lun: 0
Warning: Using badly designed ATAPI via /dev/hd* interface.
cdrecord: No such file or directory. Cannot open '/dev/hd*'. Cannot open
or use SCSI driver.
cdrecord: For possible targets try 'cdrecord -scanbus'.
cdrecord: For possible transport specifiers try 'cdrecord dev=help'.

$ cdrecord -scanbus
. . .
        0,7,0     7) *
scsibus2:
        2,0,0   200) 'SONY    ' 'CD-RW  CRX195E1 ' 'ZYS5' Removable CD-ROM
. . .

What's the proper way to specify devices for cdrecord?

I'm using recent GRML64 daily build snapshot. Does above have anything to
do with ATA being disable in grml kernel?

Thanks

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
  http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/