[Grml] When will the speech issue with the 64-bit version be fixed?

Doug Smith dougsmith1 at charter.net
Fri Oct 24 06:13:45 CEST 2008

Hi, all.

I am writing to ask when the speech issue with the 64-bit version will
be fixed.

The "speech issue" is this:

boot the grml64 disk and enter:  grml swspeak

The boot process continues in what sounds like a normal manner until:
fatal error setting up software speakup

I was just writing to let you all know that this is happening and, when
I went looking for information to diagnose the problem, there was none.

I do not mind working on the fix if you will just tell me what I need to
work on.  If I can be of any help in fixing this, I will gladly help.

Sincerely:

Doug Smith