[Grml] How to use the .iso image for usb booting

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Sun Oct 5 13:41:38 CEST 2008

* T o n g <mlist4suntong at yahoo.com> [20081003 08:13]:

> How can I put the .iso image on usb so that the usb boots with the latest
> devel release, grml-medium-devel_2008.09.28.iso for example?

> The wiki http://wiki.grml.org/doku.php?id=usb & grml2usb uses windoze
> FAT16 filesystem, but I hope I can put it into (and boot from) native
> Linux filesystems, using grub if possible.

Basically the same as when you are using grml2usb. But if you don't
want to use FAT16 and therefore can not use syslinux you've to setup
a boot manager like grub. A basic sample configuration to get an
idea what to do is available in /boot/grub/menu.lst on the grml
ISOs.

We've had this issue already once:
  http://www.mail-archive.com/grml@mur.at/msg01068.html

Forwarded the feature request to our BTS:

  http://bts.grml.org/grml/issue542