[Grml] JFYI: Migration from Mercurial to Git

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Wed Oct 1 23:51:40 CEST 2008

Hi,

Over the last few weeks the grml team evaluated the distributed
version controll system Git. Git is an open source, distributed
version control system designed to handle everything from small to
very large projects with speed and efficiency.

The migration from Mercurial to Git took place in the last few days.
By today (1st of october 2008) the grml mercurial repositories are
deprecated and the official place for grml's sources is:

  http://git.grml.org/

As usual we provide documentation about our setup and tools:

  http://grml.org/git/

Further information like reasons for the migration are available at:

  http://grml.org/2008/10/01/

Special thanks to Michael Gebetsroither for his work and help on
migrating.