[Grml] grml-debootstrap misc questions

T o n g mlist4suntong at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 1 01:16:59 CEST 2008

On Wed, 01 Oct 2008 00:43:27 +0200, Michael Prokop wrote:

>> I thought those services are started right when we chroot into the sub
>> system. . .
>
> Huh?! Services won't be started in the chroot at all. That's why we
> install our own /usr/sbin/policy-rc.d and remove it at the end.

Ah, ok, I understand it now. the /usr/sbin/policy-rc.d is used to prevent
aptitude from starting services when installing packages right? I saw a
message in debian-mlist titled "Prevent aptitude from starting services",
and got the impression that services are started right when we chroot
into the sub system.

thanks for clarification.

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)