[Grml] mkisofs vs genisoimage

T o n g mlist4suntong at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 17 15:59:04 CET 2008

On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 10:37:45 +0100, Michael Prokop wrote:

>> I meant to ask, what exact genisoimage command within grml-live is used
>> . . .
>
> mkisofs -V ...

that's exactly what I was looking for. thanks mika.

A new question, I see that you are still maintaining the mkisofs package
mika. I'm curious why, because in Debian, the genisoimage is recommended/
enforced instead.

Apart from features available in mkisof (e.g., smkzftree), the
genisoimage package also includes extra tools useful for working with ISO
images:

  * dirsplit - easily separate large directory contents into disks of
    predefined size
  * geteltorito - extract an El Torito boot image from a CD image

I'm just curious...

Thanks

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)