[Grml] boot problem with GRML 1.1

Vilmar Klemt v.klemt at online.de
Mon Mar 24 19:09:21 CET 2008

Hallo,

While my Pentium II worked fine with the older versions of GRML
including 1.0 (Meilenschwein), with the new Skunk I get disturbing
messages that leave me helpless:

grml.org

ACPI: Unable to load the System Description Tables

Welcome to

  GRML

grml.org - Linux for sysadmins and texttool users.

 * Finishes early booting sequence. [ ok ]
 * Searching for GRML file, this might take a few seconds...
FATAL: Error inserting fan (/lib/modules/2.6.23-grml/kernel/drivers/\
  acpi/fan.ko): No such device
WARNING: Error inserting processor (/lib/modules/2.6.23-grml/kernel/\
  drivers/acpi/processor.ko): No such device
FATAL: Error inserting thermal (/lib/modules/2.6.23-grml/kernel/\
  drivers/acpi/thermal.ko): Unknown symbol in module, or unknown \
  parameter (see dmesg)
cp: unable to open `/root/var/log/': No such file or directory
mount: Mounting /root/dev on /dev/.static/dev failed: No such file \
  or directory
mount: Mounting /sys on /root/sys failed: No such file or directory
mount: Mounting /proc on /root/proc failed: No such file or directory
Target filesystem doesn't have /sbin/init.
No init found. Try passing init= bootarg.

BusyBox v1.3.3 (Debian 1:1.1.3-5) Built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands

/bin/sh: can't access tty: job control turned off
(initramfs)

Using 'grml acpi=off' doesn't change anything.

With HWINFO I extract the folloing hardware information:

Board:       AX6LC
BIOS:        Award Software International, v. 4.51 PG, Date 08/10/98
CPU:         Intel Pentium II (Deschutes) 300 MHz, 512 KB Cache
Memory Size: 192 MB

I would be happy if anybody could give me a hint at a solution.

Best regards,

Vilmar