[Grml] experiences with dell inspiron 530

Henning Sprang henning_sprang at gmx.de
Tue Jun 3 16:18:28 CEST 2008

BTW:

Henning Sprang wrote:
> _after_ this one start with fallback, I can start it again, without
> fallback - and then I get a better resolution and can work without the
> screen-scrolling that happens in fallback mode.

This one is not reproducible - it worked once, but then again it didn't
work without fallback, and sometimes it starts without fallback, but the
resolution is still in "emulation mode"  - don't know the right word -
the X system runs on a resolution higher than the one shown on the
screen, and it automatically scrolls in the invisiable parts when the
mouse cursor comes close to the screen border.

Henning

Another thing I see here with grml 1.1: when doing a reboot, grml is so
nice to stop and tell me to remove the cd. But when I do so, and hit
return, it doesn't reboot nicely, but complains about the now missing
device.