[Grml] How To Change Voice Language?

Cleverson clever92000 at yahoo.com.br
Sun Jun 1 03:18:03 CEST 2008

Hi Michael and all

As I said earlier, I'm trying to change the ESpeak voice language to Brazilian
Portuguese in grml. I made some changes to /etc/speech-dispatcher/speechd.conf,
then restarted speechd-up successfully using the nice command, but the
language remains English.

I uncommented the line 78 in speechd.conf, and changed "en" to pt. It
looks like this:
DefaultLanguage  "pt"

Then I did the same for line 156 that now looks like this:
LanguageDefaultModule "pt"  "espeak"

Does anyone knows what I am missing?

Many thanks

Cleverson

"The world would be a better place were there not so many people striving to improve it." (Olavo de Carvalho)