[Grml] add-on to my last post - Error : C preprocessor "lib/cpp" fails sanity check when compiling Bacula 2.2.8 on grml 1.1 rc

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Thu Jan 31 22:52:35 CET 2008

* Peter <p.vittali at tonhof.ch> [20080131 22:46]:

> Sorry, I forgot to add, that the bacula package I am talking about is
> the direct download from bacula.org  (current release 2.2.8)

Isn't 'apt-get install bacula' an option for you?

> Does anybody knows what that means ?  I made sure that I have
> build-essentials, linux-headers , gcc-4.2 , but all this has
> already been on the dist.

Quoting Debian's bacula debian/control:

Build-Depends: autotools-dev, debhelper (>= 4.2), po-debconf (>= 0.8.2),
 zlib1g-dev, libreadline5-dev | libreadline-dev, libjconv-dev,
 libsqlite0-dev, libsqlite3-dev, libmysqlclient15-dev, libpq-dev,
 postgresql-server-dev-8.2,
 libwrap0-dev, python-dev, libgtk2.0-dev (>= 2.10),
 libgnome2-dev, libwxgtk2.6-dev, libacl1-dev, libkrb5-dev, libgnomeui-dev,
 libx11-dev, mtx, bc, libxt-dev, dpkg-dev (>= 1.13.19), libqt4-dev, libqwt5-qt4-dev
Build-Conflicts: python2.2-dev, python2.3, qt3-dev-tools

> I found many, many posts concerning this error on Google, but I just can
> not figure out what it means in my context

I'm not sure why you want to compile bacula on your own at all, but
check out 'apt-get source bacula; cd bacula-2.2.8 ; $EDITOR
debian/rules' to get an idea how Debian does the compiling job.