[Grml] Problem with swspeak in GRML 1.1rc1

Jerry Matheny starnoble at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 10:53:50 CET 2008

I did a grml2hd with the new GRML 1.1rc1 version and it doesn't work, and to top it off the sound is all crackily very bad to the point where I can't even understand what the speech is saying. But it's acting like something pertaining to speakup isn't being loaded properly, and something gets messed with sound in the grml2hd script. Not sure what the deal is, any help would be very much appreciated. And the Speakup spelling everything is kinda annoying too. lol, but I understand that's a Kernel issue.

Thanks in advance,

Jerry