[Grml] /cdrom/scripts not working

Jon iroquoi at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 00:43:58 CET 2008

On Tue, Feb 19, 2008 at 12:14:48AM +0100, Michael Prokop wrote:
> * Jon <iroquoi at gmail.com> [20080219 00:06]:
> > On Mon, Feb 18, 2008 at 11:30:11PM +0100, Michael Prokop wrote:
>
> > > I've to check this out on my own (I'm just running out of time). If
> > > you need a fix in the meanwhile: just move linux26 and initrd.gz
> > > from boot/grmlmedium/ to the root directory of your usb stick and
> > > replace the /boot/grmlmedium/ occurences inside your syslinux.cfg -
> > > then it should work for you.
>
> > Indeed, that got it to boot.
>
> Great.
>
> > Regarding the earlier issues - scripts/* are now being executed
> > properly, but bootparams still aren't showing up.
>
> Hm, "toram" for example won't work because it's being executed at
> the wrong stage (a known limitiation), though "ssh=..." for example
> is expected to work.

After formatting & using grml2usb I changed it to just read 'scripts'.

> Can you please run:
>
> . /etc/grml/autoconfig.functions
> echo $CMDLINE

Ah, it's there. I can't copy/paste from QEMU (I don't think?), but it's
the APPEND line from syslinux.cfg + 'BOOT_IMAGE=linux26  scripts'.

The scripts don't run though. Booting with 'grml scripts' *does* work,
and the tail of $CMDLINE is now 'scripts scripts'.