[Grml] starting grml_medium with linld?

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Thu Feb 14 20:32:37 CET 2008

* Dietmar Segbert <didi.segbert at arcor.de> [20080214 20:06]:

> i want to start the grml_medium with linld or loadlin.

Sorry for my ignorance, but why do you want to boot using linld or
loadlin?

> I have copied the grml.squashfs file the linux26 and the initrd.gz to an
> usb-stick and on in a direcotory named grml.

Ok.

> The usb-stick boots to novel-dos 7.0 and after that i want to start the
> grml_medium with support for my brailledisplay and softwarespeak (blind
> brltty=vo,usb,text-german.tbl swspeak).

Ok.

> How must i set the options for grml in an parameter-file for loadlin or
> linld?

This is what current versions (grml 1.1-rcX, grml-medium 0.1-rcX)
use:

  http://hg.grml.org/grml-live/file/tip/templates/boot/isolinux/isolinux.cfg

Please notice that by default the grml.squashfs file is assumed to
reside inside a directory named 'live'. For other configurations use
bootoption live-media-path=..., see 'man live-initramfs' for further
details.

HTH && regards,