[Grml] [grml2usb] Minimize the number of files in the root directory on the usb drive

Sebastian Krause sebastian at realpath.org
Fri Aug 22 23:04:14 CEST 2008

Hello!

When I copy grml to a usb pen drive with grml2usb, it puts 30 files
and directories into the root directory of that drive. Since I also
want to use that drive for other stuff (like portable apps,
multimedia files etc.) it's not nice to see my drive cluttered with
dozens of files when I access it in some file manager.

I've seen some live systems (I guess it was http://sidux.com/) which
only need very few files to boot and put almost all of them into
some subdirectory so that my directory structure stays pretty
clean. It would be nice if grml could achive something similar, or
are there any good reasons against this?

Sebastian