[Grml] Envy Code R monospace TrueType font

Henning Sprang henning.sprang at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 10:21:44 CEST 2008

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 1:48 AM, Mark <27e3kk302 at sneakemail.com> wrote:
> http://damieng.com/blog/tag/envy-code-r
> "Free to use but redistribution prohibited."

Which is a quite restrictive license....

> So, you have to download it yourself,
> or grml must try to get special permission
> (which would be very nice).

If GRML would do that work for every little nice thing that is not
free as used in the term "free software", it would be a lot of work to
track these permissions etc., so I guess it's smart to use only real
free stuff...
Additionally, it would make redistribution of grml by other people
problematic, legally, if only the main grml team gets this special
allowance...

(just my opinion as non-developer)
Henning