[Grml] grml-small - raise ISO-size?

Michael Schierl schierlm at gmx.de
Tue Sep 18 16:39:16 CEST 2007

Michael Prokop schrieb:

> Cons:
>
> * "grml toram" will last a little bit longer

Yes, sure, changing toram time from a few seconds to an infinite number
of minutes is "a little bit longer" :)

For me, grml-small (which I put with several other bootable stuff onto a
"normal" 700MB CD-R) is not about ISO size, it's about being able to
"toram" it on a machine with as little as 128MB of physical RAM (yes,
these do still exist...) and work with it (dd | gzip | netcat). I doubt
this will work with a 125MB ISO image...

Anyway, if I am the only one who uses it for that reason (the absence of
reactions on my suggestion some time ago to make a disk that can boot
both grml and grml-small seems to suggest that), i can live with using
grml-small 0.4 forever for this case (or remaster my own "grml-smaller"
from time to time).

mihi