[Grml] [Grml 1.0] cannot boot anymore after upgrade

Ja Bu jb_int at care2.com
Wed Oct 3 20:19:28 CEST 2007

Hi Mika,

> > ----
> > Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
[...]
> > ii  udev            0.103-1grml2   /dev/ and hotplug management daemon
>
> You are sure, that this is the output of the affected grml2hd
> installation? This would be interesting. :)

I did a chroot /mnt/sda1 (where I had previously mounted the
affected grml installation) and then entered the dpkg command that you
have sent. So I assume that should be the correct output, shouldn
it? Is there room for mistakes?

> > Here is lilo.conf (which I currently use):
[...]
> > => the hard disk is really sda (the only existing partition is sda1)
>
> Ok, so just replace the:
> append="grml_from_hd root=UUID=ffb575cc-c8df-4063-e0f8cb6aff03  "
> with
> append="grml_from_hd root=/dev/sda1"

That worked! Thanks a lot!!

> You can edit the commandline of grub interactive (just press 'e',
> then edit the according line(s) and after pressing 'enter' to
> activate the changes, finally boot the entry using 'b') as well.

When booting the corrupt system I do not even see a menu. It is
not possible to enter anything since as soon as 'GRUB' appears
the system hangs.

But that doesn't matter now since with LILO everything works fine.
Thanks again.

Best regards,

Jan

http://toolbar.Care2.com  Make your computer carbon-neutral (free).