[Grml] grml 1.0: grml-network hickups

Werner Flamme werner.flamme at ufz.de
Tue May 29 20:16:43 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I installed grml i386 via grml2hd onto my laptop that ran with grml 0.9
before. It is a IBM ThinkPad T23.

After booting from harddisk, I used grml-network to set up a static IP
address for the on-board eth card. Now I can access the laptop via ssh,
everything works fine.

Several hours later, my ssh connection is down, the laptop does not
respond to pings. I use the console and - much to my astonishment - the
static IP address was exchanged with an address from the DHCP range of
my router! I used grml-network again to enter the static IP address -
and next morning, it again was away and a dynamic IP address was used!

Well, since that first surprise this happens all few hours. I always
chose "enable at boot" at the last prompt.

What can I do do have my system remember the static IP address assigned
via grml-network instead of looking for a DHCP address?

Regards,
Werner