[Grml] Re: Suspend resume bugs

Mark 27e3kk302 at sneakemail.com
Tue May 22 09:11:06 CEST 2007

> Mark, are you aware of the fact, that we are using enabled
> CONFIG_USB_SUSPEND since at least 2.6.11-grml?

I did not suggest it; you did.  So I am pursuing that.

My suggestion was a grml/Debian/Linux design flaw, based on similar USB
behavior observed in old grml dev versions.  A bug which crops up across
versions says to me "design issues."  It's not our test hardware that is
changing.  Windows handles it just fine.  I can also plug the test USB
disks into Mac OS X, zero problems.  Even grml 0.9 works fine.

With kernel 2.6.20 I'm not sure what to think; is it grml/Debian or
Linux?  (a) Linux kernel timer code has undergone revision and (b)
non-grml users are reporting USB trouble with 2.6.20.

I am all in favor of laptop feature creep - just not at the expense of
major subsystems like USB.  Whether there's a real conflict is TBD.  But
for sure grml needs more USB testers.

Mark