[Grml] Unmet dependencies ?

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Thu May 10 19:15:17 CEST 2007

* Hubert Gabler <loipersb at aon.at> [20070510 15:15]:

> After installing grml on HD using grml2hd I ran apt-get update and
> apt-get upgrade. This resulted in
> a) downloading some 300 MB of data and
> b) this message:

> "The following packages have unmet dependencies:"
> followed by some 20 lines like this:
> "xserver-xorg: Depends: xserver-xorg-core (>=2:1.3.0.0) but
> 2:1.1.1.1.-11 is installed"
> The suggested workaround "try using -f" did not change the situation.
> How can I install the right dependencies?

Well, looks like you snipped the interesting part of it. ;)

Check out http://wiki.grml.org/doku.php?id=upgrading
and make sure you use aptitude instead of apt-get.
I guess you ran into the grml-scripts problem.

In case of question use "dpkg -i ~deb/$PACKAGE" to install a
specific without apt-get/aptitude checking for further dependencies.
In case a package might need several other packages, then just run
"dpkg -i ~deb/grml-scripts....deb ~deb/dialog....deb ~deb/...."
containing all the relevant package names.

Everything clear? If not please post the error message you get.

For all the other users: I'll add a dependency for the most current
version of the grml-script package in the stable version of the
virtual grml package. So running "aptitude update ; aptitude
install grml" should bring you a fine system for upgrading all the
other packages as well as soon as grml 1.0 stable is available.