[Grml] adp94xx driver

Andreas Gredler jimmy at grml.org
Wed Jun 27 15:09:03 CEST 2007

On Mon, Jun 25, 2007 at 03:03:26PM -0700, david at kosmosisland.com wrote:
> > * David Koski <david at kosmosisland.com> [20070625 17:15]:
> >> On Monday 25 June 2007 01:58, Michael Prokop wrote:
> > I'll try to check out with Jimmy what's current state of adp94xx/
> > aic94xx. My current state of information is that aic94xx is what you
> > use with >=2.6.19 if you used adp94xx before.

Hi, aic94xx is not the same as adp94xx but very similar.

> I have checked the above weblog.  It is high in the Google search list.  I
> tried to load the binary module but it is sarge Debian.  I burned a sarge
> CD and could not load the network drivers for the same machine.  I then
> downloaded the souce and followed the directions but there were a bunch of
> make errors.

Unfortunately there are a few versions of the debian sarge installer cd,
so the precompiled version only works with one.
Just send me a private mail and we'll try to compile the driver together
for sarge.

About grml and adp94: adp94 was dropped in the meantime because it never
compiled for newer kernel versions and aic94 worked for most
controllers. In fact, you are the first one who reports, that it doesn't
work (Maybe you enabled RAID in the BIOS?)
I will check again if newer adp94 versions will compile with 2.6.21
kernel and I also will precompile modules for debian etch. But this will
take some time, especially as IBM now uses LSI controllers instead of
Adaptec so my new Servers don't need adp94xx any longer.

greets Jimmy

--
                 Andreas "Jimmy" Gredler
   ,'"`.         http://www.jimmy.co.at/ | jimmy at g-tec.co.at
  (  grml.org -» Linux Live-CD for texttool-users and sysadmins
   `._,          http://www.grml.org/    | jimmy at grml.org