[Grml] Controlling CPU Frequency

Jan-Pieter Jacobs janpieter.jacobs at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 12:41:56 CEST 2007

* - Tong - <mlist4suntong at yahoo.com> [070731 12:34]:
> Hi,
>
> I rebooted my PC the other day, and only then I know that my CPU is
> overheated, because I saw a BIOS warning. The fact that my CPU might have
> been overheated for months made me consider seriously to control my CPU
> frequency (My AMD cpu has that feature available in bios).

Hi!

You might want to try wether athcool works on your CPU/mobo.
If you're not bussy, that'll put the CPU to sleep, and thus lower the
temperature (got mine from 56°C to 43°C)

Greetz,

Jan-Pieter Jacobs

--
You can check the integrity of this emailmessage with gpg.
Various gpg-frontends at http://www.gnupg.org/