[Grml] noob initrd question

yazdzik yazdzik at nyct.net
Mon Jul 16 22:58:27 CEST 2007

Thanks, Mika -

you solved the problem as usual -

now, with the addition of ide0=noprobe and ide1=noprobe to lilo, which
counters the kernel's preference to load ide first, and the (correct, I
hope) UUID -

yazdzik at mygrml1 ~ % cat /proc/scsi/scsi
Attached devices:
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
  Vendor: ATA      Model: HTS726060M9AT00  Rev: MH4O
  Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI  SCSI revision: 05
Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
  Vendor: _NEC     Model: DVD+-RW ND-6500A Rev: 203D
  Type:   CD-ROM                           ANSI  SCSI revision: 05
yazdzik at mygrml1 ~ % uname -a
Linux mygrml1 2.6.22-grml #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Jul 10 00:35:57 CEST 2007 i686 GNU/Linux
yazdzik at mygrml1 ~ % su
Password:
root at mygrml1 /home/yazdzik # hdparm -T /dev/sda4
/dev/sda4:
 Timing cached reads:   1916 MB in  2.00 seconds = 958.54 MB/sec
root at mygrml1 /home/yazdzik #

Mika, you are a genius, and I can go on trying to experiment with things
I should not really touch.

The experimental grml 1.0 is so attractive, however, I am thinking of
taking the plunge, now that everything works, and redoing the whole
network.

At any rate, you have once again proven that intelligence and kindness
to newbies overcomes just about any issue that can arise.

Greetings from New York, and much gratitude.

Your,

Martin