[Grml] sarge and kernel 2.6.18-grml

Erich Minderlein erminderlein at locoware.de
Fri Jan 26 02:46:10 CET 2007

_console and keyboard_

Hallo ,

I removed console-terminus from the stable(sarge) package(250 kByte) and
installed console-terminus from the testing(etch) package(565 kByte).

Adding SCREEN_FONT=Lat15-Terminus16 in /etc/console-tools/config
did not help;
rebooting, prompt login as root,
the normal font with serifs shows up,

if I type unicode_start:
answer : already in UTF8 mode

after some fiddling around, I remove
/etc/console-tools/config.d/fonty and
/etc/console-tools/config.d/
and now it boots and changes to Terminus 16 for all consoles.
This will probably not survive an update of package fonty!

Small Umlaut äöü is properly printed on the console
Capital Umlaut ÄÖÜ and "scharf S"~ß is not printed on the console, but
results in ^^^^

dpkg-reconfigure console-common and dpkg-reconfigure console-data
do not help,
sometimes after testing these umlauts the console crashes and I get a
new boot-prompt.

regards

--
Erich Minderlein <erminderlein at locoware.de>