[Grml] Re: Debian Etch and grml

eModul emodul at gmx.net
Sat Jan 6 21:34:41 CET 2007

s. keeling wrote:
> To the DD who took exception here, feh, he's just a kid who doesn't
> know what he's talking about.  Educate him (the kid, not the DD :-).

I totally disagree with your last paragraph. Marc Haber is right and not
a kid. He knows exactly what he is talking about - especially concerning
debian.

I agree with the statement that choice is good and everything has its
advantages or disadvantages depending in the case it is used for.
Talking about debian I think the debian policy and their description of
stable, testing, unstable and experimental is right. You personally may
disagree, but stable (in my eyes) is rock solid. You can use it on a
variety of platforms and it works. Testing and unstable can be very
unstable but don't need to.

Using grml the world may look somewhat different to the debian world as
grml is for texttool users and geeks. It's been tested very hard, uses
only one platform (i386 at the moment) and has a reduced number of
packages (no KDE, gnome etc.) and therefore it is easier to maintain
stable and uptodate.

eModul