[Grml] grml2hd / 0.9-3

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Mon Feb 26 12:24:24 CET 2007

* Tube <grml at count0.net> [20070225 22:11]:

> i miss the option to select the swap partition when installing grml to
> harddisk. when there is a preformatted swap partition then the
> auto-fstab-mechanism will surely detect that but when there is not, you
> have to mkswap manually afterwards. that is a little bit uncomfortable.

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean. grml2hd has never had a
"select a swap-partition"-dialog. :)

Starting with grml 0.9 we do *not* activate swap partitions by
default anymore because otherwise it usually causes more headache
than benefit. So what you seem to search:

If you want to enable present swap partition(s) you can boot grml
with the 'swap' bootoption or if you forgot to use the option just
use the command 'grml-swapon' later on (or mkswap of course if you
don't want/need grml-swapon's behaviour).  Then the behaviour should
work for you as intented. The harddisc installation uses the normal
Debian mechanism and uses all the swap partitions defined in
/etc/fstab. If your fstab isn't up2date just run 'grml-rebuildfstab'
if you disabled the automatic fstab handling.

Is this what you meant and searched for?