[Grml] Having trouble installing packages with apt-get

Maurice McCarthy moss at mythic-beasts.com
Wed Dec 5 02:53:31 CET 2007

Welcome Jerry,

I'm not great with computers but I'm learning a lot with grml.

The kernel headers are not important, I don't think, unless you are
compiling software. You will still be able to install packages.

The package aptitude is generally preferred to apt-get and both function
on the command line in a similar fashion. But the link between them has
been broken recently so it may not be clever to change if all is OK with
apt-get. Also I have recently found that aptsh, a pseudo-shell on top of
apt-get, works very much faster for me with my 11 year old computer. I
don't know how hard or easy it is for you to learn new packages like this.

Best Wishes
Moss