[Grml] tomcat5.5 server on grml1.0 hd install?

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Fri Aug 24 11:28:19 CEST 2007

* Lars Schimmer <l.schimmer at cgv.tugraz.at> [20070824 11:12]:

> Another "silly" question:
> Has anyone installed tomcat5.5 on a grml HD install?

> I installed sun-java-sdk 6 and updated java alternatives. Afterwars I
> installed tomcat5.5 (-admin, -webapps).
> But instead of a running tomcat5.5 (like it is told in the
> man/Readme.DEBIAN), tomcat won't start at all and logfiles are empty :-/

Which logfiles are empty? The stuff in /var/log/tomcat5.5?

Try setting JAVA_HOME="/path/to/java/..." to the path where your
java-sdk resides. IIRC (I don't have tomcat available right know)
the configuration by default assumes Sun JDK being available.

If that still does not work, manually invoke the stuff the init file
does for you.

regards,
-mika- - starting to Froscon...