[Grml] Re: Cream for VIM

Mark 27e3kk302 at sneakemail.com
Fri Sep 22 23:57:45 CEST 2006

> The thing is: grml is for sysadmins, and they are supposed to know
> their tools. So cream *should* stay out.

I do know my tools, and I want cream around to make my sysadmin work
easier.  We just have a philosophical difference.  The less my computer
asks me to memorize, the more it is helping me.  I would rather click
pretty buttons than type cryptic commands from memory.

VIM cannot do everything well, by the way.  Sometimes I drop into raw
*nix commands because of VIM deficiencies.  Knowing a tool's limits is
often more important.

Over and out,