[Grml] a good file manager

Robert Giebel robert.giebel at giebelconsult.de
Fri Sep 22 19:27:03 CEST 2006

* T <mlist4suntong at yahoo.com> [060922 14:56]:
> [Trying my luck here. This is not the 1st or 2nd time that my email is
> blocked by some smart anti-spam system.]
>

> Subject:     Recommend a file manager
> Newsgroups:  gmane.linux.debian.user
> Date:        Thu, 21 Sep 2006 16:55:27 +0200
>
> Hi
>
> Please recommend a file manager. I need a good one to make my wife happy.
> We used to settle with the the file manager that comes default with Gnome,
> but now that one can't rename files any more (it actually can initially,
> but stop responding to keyboard very soon).

Hi,

I tried http://pcmanfm.sourceforge.net/ after I read about it in the
German "Linux User" Magazine two days ago. It is small, it behaves
strongly like Windows, but it works ;)

Dont know, if it is already available in Debian since I dont hav a
debian Desktop System at the moment. Had to use the Sources from the
website under gentoo and it compiled rather quick and without bigger
Problems.

maybe that is something for you.

bye,
Robert.