[Grml] Re: ZFS for Linux ("real soon now")

Mark 27e3kk302 at sneakemail.com
Tue Sep 19 06:11:57 CEST 2006

> I am sorry, but what I hear and see from ZFS on Solaris does not raise the
> slightest wish to migrate my xfs volumes ;-) Some coworkers run servers
> with Solaris 9 and 10...

The existence of XFS makes my point.  I hope Linux opens up to more good
stuff, instead of retreading ext 2-3-4.  Linux filesystems brought down
a major worldwide e-mail service last month.  They were several days
(cough) doing a single fsck on a single disk -- which still did not fix
the problem.

http://www.emailaddresses.com/forum/showthread.php?postid=387170#post387170
http://www.emailaddresses.com/forum/showthread.php?postid=387414#post387414

About XFS and ZFS, http://see.sun.com/Apps/DCS/mcp?q=STI00HTG6Hjxpv

"Antnee (Q): How do you feel that Solaris holds up to the latest release
of IRIX? And is it true that ZFS is still inferior to SGIs XFS?

Adam Leventhal (A): Are they still releasing IRIX, and are people still
running it? I had no idea. ZFS is far and away superior to XFS."