[Grml] Grml mysql services

T mlist4suntong at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 17 10:40:35 CEST 2006

Hi

I notice that the mysql services in grml is different that I used to use.
I used to only have the "mysql" service, but grml default is that "mysql"
service is disabled while other two mysql-ndb-mgm & mysql-ndb are enabled:

$ grep mysql /etc/runlevel.conf
19      -       2,3,4,5         /etc/init.d/mysql-ndb-mgm
20      0,1,6   -               /etc/init.d/mysql
20      0,1,6   2,3,4,5         /etc/init.d/mysql-ndb
21      0,1,6   -               /etc/init.d/mysql-ndb-mgm

What are those two other two "mysql" service? Can they substitute the
"mysql" service? If I enable the "mysql" service myself, should I disable
the other two?

The reason I'm asking is that I get the following error when trying to
install a package that depends on mysql:

ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)

thanks