[Grml] Re: Re: Filesystem not clean on boot up

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Sun Sep 17 10:38:05 CEST 2006

* T <mlist4suntong at yahoo.com> [20060917 05:15]:
> On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 22:31:03 +0200, T wrote:

> > On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 23:39:57 +0200, Michael Prokop wrote:

> >> ca::ctrlaltdel:/etc/init.d/grml-reboot

> >> work for you and fixes the problem?

> > I directly tried this. Unfortunately, problems not fixed. Still got
> > "Filesystem is NOT clean".

> Hmm... the change take effect right away, right? Ie, right after I've made
> the change, the keyboard would then trigger grml-reboot instead of init 6,
> correct?

No. You have to either run 'telinit q' or reboot at all so init
rereads the files /etc/inittab.

> The reason that I'm asking is that, right after I tried reboot (after
> modifying /etc/inittab), I get the "Filesystem is NOT clean" for all my
> volumes. But when I reboot the 2nd time, all of them are clean now. I
> think at least things are improved a bit, since it was not ok for this
> simple case previously.

Oh! Can you please try to reboot some more times and check whether
you get "Filesystem is NOT clean" once more? If not then I would
change the ctrlaltdel-line in grml itself, seems like my grml-reboot
script is more reiserfs friendly than Debian. ;-))