[Grml] en_us.UTF-8

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Thu Sep 7 15:27:07 CEST 2006

* Martin Yazdzik <yazdzik at nyct.net> [20060907 15:15]:

> Does this also explain the timezone issue?

> 1 root at mylap1 ~ # dpkg  --list locales
[...]
> ii  locales        2.3.6-19       GNU C Library: National Language

Ok.

> root at mylap1 ~ # cat /etc/default/locale
> # File generated by grml-setlang on Mon Aug 28 22:20:05 CEST 2006
> LANGUAGE=us
> #LANG=en_US.iso885915
> LC_ALL=en_US.iso885915
> LC_MESSAGES=en_US.iso885915
> COUNTRY=at
  ^^^^^^^^^^

> CHARSET=iso8859-1
> TZ=Europe/Vienna

Ok, remove those two lines. Some programs probably take care of it.

> Before my overly gregarious side generates more junk mail, can I simply
> change the values here?

For sure, grml-setlang is just a stupid frontend to initially set
some values in /etc/default/locale. It's on my todo-list to check
out all the language stuff (especially country/tz/LC_ALL stuff) in
more detail.  I'd be happy to be able to use some existing tools
(prefered: the ones of Debian) instead of having to re-invent the
wheel. Stay tuned...