[Grml] closer to time zone issue

Martin Yazdzik yazdzik at nyct.net
Thu Sep 7 15:03:04 CEST 2006

On Thu, 2006-09-07 at 14:40 +0200, Michael Prokop wrote:

> * Martin Yazdzik <yazdzik at nyct.net> [20060907 04:15]:
>
> > okay, the problem with the timezone issue is that grml8 thinks
> > that the bios is indeed set to local time, but in Wien.
>
> [...]
>
> You never answered my mail regarding your "time zone again" problem:
> http://lists.mur.at/pipermail/grml/2006-August/000751.html
>
> So please check this before writing new mails regarding your time
> zone issue. And please stop starting new threads for every single
> "time zone"-mail, thanks.

Sorry, Mika, did not recieve that, and I apologise - my enthusiasm for
tracking things down often overcomes my common sense.  Sincerely.

2 root at mylap1 /home/yazdzik # grep
hwclock /etc/runlevel.conf                :(
18      -       S               /etc/init.d/hwclockfirst.sh
22      -       S               /etc/init.d/hwclock.sh
25      0,6     -               /etc/init.d/hwclock.sh
root at mylap1 /home/yazdzik # grep '^UTC' /etc/default/rc
grep: /etc/default/rc: No such file or directory
2 root at mylap1 /home/yazdzik #
cat /etc/timezone                              :(
America/New_York#