[Grml] Re: /dev/dvd

Martin Yazdzik yazdzik at nyct.net
Sun Sep 3 05:02:54 CEST 2006

On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 17:50:02 +0200, T wrote:

> Hi
>
> Currently grml does not provides the /dev/dvd link. I remember I read
> somewhere that merely adding a rule symlink to /etc/udev/rules.d/ will do.
>
> But I just can't find it any more. Any one knows about how to do it?
>
> thanks
>
> tong

Dear Tong,
# cd /etc/udev/rules.d/
# ln -s ../cd-aliases-generator.rules z75_cd-aliases-generator.rules

used to work,  but with all the new udev stuff, I cannot be certain.

I just did /ln -s /dev/scd0 /dev/dvd and the file was already present in
0.8, whereas in 0.7 I had to run the command supra.

Basically udev/hal was invented to replace things normally outlawed by the
Geneva convention.

Best,